BITTERSWEET: g'bye 2016
Wearing Burlap2cashmere hat + BALMAIN coat
And just like that, we're welcoming a new chapter: 2017. Weird.. time is flying!!
My heart is full. 2016 has been the best year of my life - so far. It makes me super emotional to reflect back on the year I had and all the memories made. I traveled to the most beautiful places, met so many amazing human beings, accomplished everything I wanted to, and danced right through the year. I found peace and I fell in love with myself.
I really hate to say goodbye to 2016 but like all things, change is good and life goes on. I will take the happiness and memories the year has brought me into the next and create and accomplish much more. Here are 16 things I learned this year:
- Everyone needs someone. You can't do it all on your own.
- Good friends, that embody all that it means to be a true friend, don't come around often. Appreciate them.
- Music is the cure for everything.
- Make as many connections and relationships as you can while you're young. They will open doors and take you places you'll never believe.
- Any goal accomplished, small or big, should be celebrated.
- Life is not easy, you have to dance through it. It's honestly the only way.
- L O V E is a beautiful thing if you let it in.
- Being unapologetically yourself is liberating, try it.
- People will never know you need help unless you ask for it. Speak up!
- Being honest about your personal problems and seeking help for them is brave no matter how weak you feel.
- Self-care is important. Get to know yourself. Pamper yourself. Spoil yourself.
- Don't ever let anyone make you feel guilty for being selfish.
- Speak things into the universe and manifest your wants and desires. Watch what happens.
- Experiences and moments are to be felt. Be present. Forget yesterday and don't worry about tomorrow.
- Listen to your body and take care of you. GET SOME SLEEP.
- Do what you want 'cause you can.
Thank you for all your support, comments, and love this year. I appreciate it more than you all know.
SEE YOU IN 2017! HAPPY NEW YEAR!